Tailbone injury occurs due to various reasons which we will look into detail in this article. It most commonly affects the women. But with the appropriate support system these can be reduced and be pain-free with memory foam lumbar support, which is exclusively made for Tailbone pain. aquariushygiene.com offers a comfortable Lumbar support for Orthopaedic lower back pain in a memory foam cushion and reduces the risk of future developing conditions.
What is coccyx and where its located?
A Coccyx is a triangular bone structure located at the bottom seating area of the body. It contains three to four bone segments which are placed together by joints and ligaments. When compared to Men, women are more prone to coccyx injuries as they have broader pelvis region. Thus, these bones are more exposed. It is commonly called as Tailbone area as it is located at the bottom of the body.
Who needs Memory Foam Cushion Support?
- If you feel tenderness and severe sharp pain in the Tailbone area, then it is a cause of Tailbone injury.
- If you feel uncomfortable when sitting against hard surfaces like wooden or plastic chairs and find it extremely painful to get up and can stand up only in slow progressive movement, then it also a cause of Coccyx pain.
- In general, if you find it difficult to sit for a prolonged time consider to opt-in a memory cushion support.
Causes of Tailbone Injury
- Accidental Injury
This is the most common reason for a Tailbone injury as the person falls down from the stairs or slips in a wet floor, the impact directly puts high pressure on the buttocks leading to an on the spot Tailbone injury.
- Being Over Weight or Under Weight
Lifestyle also plays an important role in various health conditions including the Tailbone injuries.
If you are heavyweight, then you put heavy pressure on the tailbone area. As a fact, weight has a high correlation with the pressure amount placed on Coccyx area leading to more pain. Men and Women who have more Body Mass index, 29.4 and 27.4 respectively, is in high risk of Coccydynia, i.e., Tailbone pain.
If you are underweight, the less fat around the bottom area makes the tissues more painful when rubbing against hard surfaces leading to Coccyx pain.
- Old age
It is a common condition found in many aged people over 60 years of age. Here, the bones which hold the coccyx in place begins to wear out over a period of time. It is one of the forms of arthritis, known as spinal osteoarthritis. A good memory cushion with orthopaedic support is essential. aquariushygiene.com offers such type of orthopaedic lumbar support for lower back and many elderly people got benefitted from using this product. In addition to this support system, older adults are often advised to do physiotherapy exercises specific to the tailbone region.
- Infection or Cancer
If there is already a cancer condition in one part of the body, then it is highly possible to spread to the tailbone area and cause pain. An infection occurring at the bottom of your spine near your buttock area also causes pain in that region. But Infection is a rare case when compared to other causes.
- Post Delivery
Childbirth is one of the common causes of tailbone pain. During the final trimester of pregnancy, the coccyx bones and the muscles around them becomes to expand and more flexible for natural childbirth. But in some cases, even post-delivery period, the muscles and ligaments overstretch leading to persistent pain in the bottom area.
- Sports Injury
Sports activity especially bikers, who continuously strain their back muscles by leaning forward and stretches while cycling may be prone to a Tailbone injury.
Any exercise in moderation is fine, but it is done in repetitive motion in a frequent interval of time, then it leads to wear out of the bone tissues.
Proper safety guards and protections are necessary like proper padding and high quality ergonomically designed seating is what we need to look for, while doing these activities. Also limiting the long hours spent on strenuous activity can prevent from permanent damage.
- Bad Posture
Posture is often overlooked causes in Tailbone injury. But as the pain does not occur instantly like accidents, people often are not aware that these poor sitting postures may lead to pain in the tailbone area over the long period.
Always choose an ergonomically well cushion seated chair especially if your nature of the job is a desk job. In case of a Taxi /heavy duty Vehicle driver where they require to travel and sit for a long duration, they can buy an extra support cushion seats.
Practice best postures while seating and avoid slouching, leaning forward, hunchback or rounded shoulders.
Advantages of using a Memory Foam support
- In order to prevent the Tailbone pain from permanent tissue damage, invest in an excellent quality Memory Foam support system which helps to soothe and ease the pain.
- Life long usage of these memory foam cushion support, for the lower back and tailbone pain guarantees to reduce the pain and eventually get rid of it.
- Memory Foam support cushions usually come in compact size and make it easily portable to different places. They mostly fix to any standard size chairs, car seats or any couch.
- Helps to improve the posture of your back and helps to align your spine in straight line with your lower back and thus reduces the pressure on the tailbone area.
- Memory Foam cushion support is also suitable for those suffering from orthopaedic lumbar conditions.
Thus, maintaining an optimal Body Mass Index, doing a regular physical exercise like physiotherapy for the bottom area and maintaining a good posture while sitting are some of the additional factors to remember to protect the Tailbone area. Besides, to the appropriate support system available in the market. These can not only reduce the Tailbone pain but also with long-term usage,this condition can completely cure the pain.