The beauty of home isn’t defined with heavy furnishings and expensive home décor, moreover, the beauty of home lies in its maintenance and cleanliness. It is not about stainless steel sleek shower fittings which graces our bathroom but how often we clean it matters the most. A clean home is must for health and hygiene of the family members.
Bathroom sometimes suffers from ignorance while daily domestic cleaning. We take care of dusting, sweeping and mobbing in our rooms but ignore the maintenance of bathroom for weeks. Bathroom is a place where we wash off excess dust from our bodies and hence, it is more likely to get germs and stains. These germs can reach our bodies and make us ill. It is essential to clean bathroom properly once in a week or thrice a month.
A bathroom has many components including wash-basin, shower and shower curtains, bath-tub, taps, tiles and floor, toilet flush and cistern. A proper cleaning of all these is required for clean bathroom.
Detailed process of bathroom cleaning:
- Make space to clean: Take all the items out of the bathroom including bucket, mat, soaps and everything which you have in your bathroom to create space to clean the dirt properly from the floor or sink. Hairs or dirt get accumulated near the area of these items. Put these items in a washing tray and clean them properly to take out the dirt or germs which get stick to them due to water or humidity. Also, make sure you throw all the excess waste- the empty shampoo bottles or sachets or old rusted razors. Rinse the soap keepers and tooth brushes with running water to make them clean.
- Use a disinfector or cleaner to remove stains: Wipe off the stains from the tiles which become harsh after long time. Use of vinegar or lemon juice is also suggested. There is a variety of disinfectors which are available to us in the market which help in removing stubborn stains which are formed because of continuous contact of water and germs on these tiles. Generally, light coloured tiles are used in bathroom. Take a sponge or towel base material or even scotch bite from your kitchen, pour disinfector on the tiles using spray. Scrub the tiles with the sponge or sponge material and take the stains out. Use vinegar and dissolve it in disinfector if the stains are very old and difficult to remove.
- Wash all the buckets and mugs: On a daily basis, we don’t wash buckets and mugs. They are used for bathing and should be cleaned often. We can use detergent or cleaner to wash buckets, clean them and take the layer of dirt by scrubbing it with sponge dipped in washing powder. Use clean water to rinse off the detergent and make let them dry in sun. In fact, dry all the items which are washable in the sun. Heat of sun is effective in killing germs from the materials and items. This can be applied to clothes or another home décor including bed sheets, curtains and pillow covers.
- Scrub the racks, shelves, door and windows: Dirt is accumulated everywhere in the bathroom and is more likely to accumulate on surface areas like door and windows. The dust and dirt settle on the flat surface of their gates and panels. Therefore, proper dusting is required to clean them up. Also, if the dirt has become stubborn or stacked to the wet surface, use an old towel base to clean it off. Dip it in water and again, use a dry cloth to make the surface dry. The counter top has to be cleaned with a sponge, use a big sponge to wash off the counter top with detergent and later on, with cleaner to kill germs.
- Clean the glass of mirror: Use a glass cleaner to wipe off the water stains from the mirror. Water splashes lead to spots on the mirror and make the image hazy and ambiguous. Use a good glass cleaner which comes in a variety of range for different types of mirrors. Wipe it off with an old cotton or soft cloth to make the mirror clean and clear. Glasses are easy to clean. Window glasses should also be cleaned with glass cleaners using a rigged yet soft cloth.
- Use acid-base cleaner for bathtub: Acid-base cleaner is very effective to take off stains, dirt and germs. Bathtubs are light in colour usually white, off-white or cream. Hence, they should be cleaned properly to make the bathtub shine bright and sparkling. There are many products available in market and on online websites to make the process of cleaning bathrooms easy and simple. Bathtubs are huge in size so it is convenient to use a big sponge and fill small bucket with detergent and cleaner for effective cleaning and killing of germs. Dip the sponge in the solution and scrub off dirt from it. Use a pipe to rinse off detergent water from the bath tub.
- Wash the floor with detergent and cleaner solution: After all the cleaning of shower, shower-curtains and other products, wash the floor properly with detergent to wash the dirt and cleaner to kill the germs. Use a broom or mob to scrub the stains which are accumulated on the tiles of walls and corners of the wall, rinse off the detergent water with clean water until the oily texture gets off the floor completely, else you can slip. The corners of the walls get stained easily and are stubborn in nature. Washing the floor is most important in bathroom cleaning. Excess hair and debris will flow with water.
- Wash toilet with germ kill cleaner: The market is flooded with many toilet disinfectors and cleaners and a lot of them are advertised on television. Use a cleaner which has thick liquid and kills germs and fits in your budget. Cleaning toilet is most important part of bathroom cleaning because it is more prone to germs and diseases. Cleaning toilet should be done more often and germ kill disinfectors should be used to kill germs and prevent diseases.
Easy tips for clean bathroom:
Here are a few simple tips we should follow to keep our bathroom clean daily:
- Use a small dustbin in the bathroom to throw hair, debris or small waste items.
- Keep old soft cloth to wipe off glass and mirror.
- Spray bathroom freshener to keep the bathroom fresh and aromatic.
- Put door mat outside bathroom to prevent dirt of slippers from entering inside.
- Use a duster for dusting of items n bathroom.
Following these simple tips can lessen the time and effort which is required for proper cleaning once a week. Always keep your bathrooms clean and fresh using cleaners and bathroom fresheners. They will kill the germs and make the bathroom fragrant. It is essential for the health of our family. To know about the best cleaners available in market, Click here.